Today I was thinking how flat and meaningless life is. I saw people walking down the street with smiling faces, probably due to their jobs or trades and I wondered: What is the point of walking around the world being one of the bunch without even noticing? How is it possible that they are satisfied with this, as reflected in their faces? Did you ever wonder about the meaning of their lives?
And because of this I began to think that life today is like a shell: bright and beautiful on the outside but empty inside. A life where all that matters is the cultivation of material goods frivolous and banal fantasies amenities. A life where the cultivation of the spirit is neglected in pursuit of pragmatism exaggerated.
And I started to wonder What can then fill that empty shell? How can you eliminate the loneliness of the spirit? And multiple answers came to mind, each more unsatisfactory than the previous.
At first I thought in the academy, but I realized that today is forbidden to think, as any idea contrary to the so-called democratic principles, is considered a heresy, is considered politically incorrect and condemned by society. Then I thought of worldly pleasures, filling the void with satisfaction of any kind, but I realized that the only thing this does is increase the solitude of spirit and, in excess, become corrupted. I also thought of the irony, making fun of everything from a subtle way, laughing at what they do not consider it correct and make fun of it, but I also realized that this would just be looking and that the gap would continue.
Then what is the meaning of life? How I can fill the void? And I realized that the only way to give meaning to life and fill the void is the search for transcendence by cultivating the spirit. Is to cultivate the desire to be better, to reach perfection, to find the truth, to find the beautiful, in conclusion, is to seek perfection through the perfection of the spirit itself.
0 comments:
Post a Comment